Observability and DKIW model
DKIW (Data, Knowledge, Information and Wisdom) model, identifies the path to extract meaningful information from raw data and convert it into rules for decisions.
For system observability, this is quite interesting. There is normal levels of maturity in this systems.
- No recollect logs/data at all
- Recollect logs but not centralized (Data)
- Recollect logs centralized, but without alarming (Information)
- Creation of metrics for health systems (Wisdom) -> lots of times with alarms
- Data Demystified — DIKW model - https://towardsdatascience.com/rootstrap-dikw-model-32cef9ae6dfb
- The DIKW model for knowledge management and data value extraction - https://www.i-scoop.eu/big-data-action-value-context/dikw-model/
- Information vs Knowledge: Key Differences - https://www.guru99.com/information-vs-knowledge-difference.html
- DIKW pyramid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIKW_pyramid